Are you ready Australia? The future of Indigenous leadership in Australian Higher Education.
A Poche SA+NT conference hosted by Twig Marketing and Campus Morning Mail.
Are you ready Australia?
Session 5: Young Guns-Critical steps to attract & keep emerging Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders58:30
While Australia discusses a long-awaited Voice to Parliament, this panel discusses what an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice might look like in the Australian Higher Education sector. When will the nation’s knowledge leaders make space for First Nations voices?
- Professor Tom Calma AO – Chancellor, University of Canberra
- Associate Professor Simone Tur – Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous), Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement, Flinders University
- Associate Professor Maree Meredith – Director, Poche SA + NT
Tune into the latest hot topics, insights and trends in research.
Brought to you from a previous conference, Researching…the future: What’s next for the people who can save the world.
Research changes all our lives, all the time – remember three years ago when only experts knew what an mRNA vaccine was and why we needed it? But because nobody knows what research the world will need the challenge is to be as ready as possible for whatever will happen.
- Professor Merlin Crossley – Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic & Student Life, UNSW Sydney
- Dr Anita Goh – Clinical Researcher, Science & Technology Australia
- Professor Caroline McMillen AO – Chief Scientist for South Australia,
- Distinguished Professor Christopher Barner-Kowollik – Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research), Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Arianna Oddo – PhD, Monash University | Consultant, Consulting and Implementation Service (CIS)
Beyond the Emergency Row: New directions for international education, a Campus Morning Mail & Twig Marketing Conference.
Beyond the Emergency Row
How must international strategy change in a post-pandemic world? What strategies will help institutions avoid disruption when the next big interruption to international movement strikes?
- Professor Michael Wesley – Deputy Vice-Chancellor International, The University of Melbourne
- Professor Margaret Gardner AC – President and Vice-Chancellor, Monash University
- Dr Stacey Farraway – Pro Vice-Chancellor (Recruitment & International Operations), La Trobe University
- Professor Renée Leon – Vice-Chancellor and President, Charles Sturt University
Redefining Value – Key issues in HE Marketing, Recruitment and Identity, a Campus Morning Mail & Twig Marketing Conference.
Redefining Value - Key issues in HE Marketing, Recruitment and Identit
Will international students flock back next year, so that higher education reverts to the place it held pre-2019? Or will new courses, new teaching approaches and new overtures to students be required to win back some fans?
This session discusses the future shape of Australia’s international student market and how Australia has adapted its offering over the past two years.
- Professor Chris Ziguras – Professor, School of Global, Urban and Social Studies at RMIT University
- Sebastian Raneskold – Vice-President and Pro Vice-Chancellor (International), Flinders University
- Anushka Mukherjee – Equity Officer, Council of International Students Australia Inc.
- Angel Calderon – Principal Advisor of Institutional Research and Planning, RMIT University